20 August 2007

A big train set

This post is about my first of impressions of Germany. Well technically I've been here before when I was five, but I'm not counting that.

You know how in flight simulators there's always at least one hot-air balloon floating around somewhere near the camera viewpoint? I always assumed that was because it makes the scene look cool; but now I'm not so sure. My first morning here, and I've already seen at least three.

You know how model train layouts always look too clean, tidy and well-planned to be real? I always assumed those were just the inevitable unrealities of the model train world; but now I'm not so sure. I've felt all day like I'm in a Märklin brochure, or a Lego town.

There's more I'd like to say, but the 8hr timezone shift is making me go cross-eyed while trying to type, so I'll just leave you with some photos. Suffice to say, very happy to be here and feeling very well looked after.

No comments: